1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yeah!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Snow, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

FINALLY SOME SNOW!!!!! 6" (got caught off gaurd too)

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I lived up near there (Framingham) as a youngster. Remember some big storms then.

We got nothing from this one so it must have stayed well east.

Any idea what they got south of Boston in Quincy? My sister-in-law is moving in there tomorrow.

3. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

CT I think Quincy got about 2-3" of slush.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

So far 1 1/2 inch of very wet and heavy - mixed with rain, sleet and freezing rain. I just got back from pushing a road. Really, I hope we don't get enough to hit the 3" triggers. Last I saw, predicted was 4-8":( . The wife went with me today. She decided it was more than just driving around.:eek:

5. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

Was that before or after you made her use the manual stick plow?....:D

6. drobson

drobson Senior Member

I got caught a little off guard this moring too. Didn't really expect to see any snow on the ground based on what it was doing when I went to bed. And I really didn't expect 4" at some of my accounts, mostly at or outside 128 in the Lexington/Burlington areas.

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Got enough to push :) and more on the way flew over it all sat alot of thick clouds

8. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Yall got more coming, keep you pants up, and no more wives with stick plows.

9. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Send it this way please!!:waving:

10. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Nope, wife isn't about to use stick plow. She liked taking pictures of the snow from inside the truck. I just can't figure out how to post them on here. I've tried copying and pasting the pictures and tried pasting a link. Nothing seems to work.

11. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Use the attach file button right below the aera you type in.

It says "browse". However you may need to resize them so the file is not bigger than what is posted under the attach files.

Also they should be less than 640 X 640 pixels. that doesn't always mean that the files is small enough also.

Your pictures have to be uploaded to the site. The other way to get them on is far more complicated to discribe to you.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2003
  12. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

Got caught off guard!!

I did set the alarm for 5a.m. because I have a church lot that must be done before 7 but I still got caught off guard. The plows were not on, I got in at 1a.m. from Route 1 in Peabody....mass people might figure out where on route 1 I was. Snowed all day and had some complaints that drives weren't done in a timely fashion. Hey, it was still snowing with 4" on the ground. I will take it though. Good way to start February!!!! Ryanpayup

13. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

Yes sir,,, missed us again, moved to the east in the form or rain, and we get the tease which looks like the beginning of a snow, but ends up as barely a dusting. Some of the west coast with get the good lake effect and the UP may have a foot and a half by tomorrow. On top of it WIND, the 45 mph stuff. I did get some amusement when I heard from a 3" trigger account about wanting the 2" from the previous week of dustings plowed this morning. It's SOLID ICE now! They want no salt or any chem used on the drive (yes I explained) so I had to refer to the contract and advise that the ICE that is now there will have to be salted, chem'ed, or removed by heaver equipment. They were chipping it with a garden tool when I drove by. :D Sorry for them, but not putting any plow through that kind of damage... Guess they will learn.