1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yeah, I'm in a jam. I need somebody...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snowpower, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Whats the best thing you could here when you cold call the facilities manager for an easy 75 dollar small commercial, for 150 Alex?

payup

Nice high maintenance fuel stop for commercial vehicles. 75 for salt too.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

gotta love it
    :bluebounc

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Could somebody interpret that for me? I thought he was asking a question, but I have no idea what he's asking. What does "150 Alex" mean?

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think it means, he wanted 75 but the guy gave him 150 and it's an extra $75 for salt.

5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

It hurt to do it, but here is my interpretation...

What is the best thing you could hear when you cold call the facilities manager for an easy $75 small commercial (job)? "How about $150 Alex (aka snowpower)?", said the facilities manager.

This is a nice high maintenance fuel stop for commercial vehicles. I will also be getting paid $75 for salting.

Congratulations on getting the job snowpower. We are just funnin' with ya. Don't sell yourself short on future jobs.
    Now fill us in...what do you need someone for and how are you in a jam? Did you bid a job without having snow removal equipment and you are looking for a sub?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

LOL - You guys crack me up. He's making a reference to Alex Trebec from Jeopardy...(at least that's how I interpret it)

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. I think your right. Next time maybe he should write it in brail and I would understand better. LOL

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Ok, well congratulations anyway, Snowpower. Although I think I'd be insulted if someone offered to double what I quoted them.

9. streetsurfin'

Ok, I get the Jeapordy connection now. I reckon my translation could be wrong then.

10. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

At least someones awake.

lol

11. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

No thats not what I am saying. It's 75 a push and 75 to salt.

And Id never be insulted if someone offered to double my bid and accept it.

lol.

12. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yes. You misunderstood. I have no Jam. It was the first thing out of the guys mouth when I finally got up the chain to him.

I was like "Hey Now!"

I mean so often you hear the No Thanks or you can just tell you are bothering them.

Its nice to actually be at the right place at the right time.

Since Im so often in the wrong place at the wrong time.

13. streetsurfin'

I apologize for the misunderstanding. It makes sense to me now that I put it into the context of Jeopardy-answer then question. I don't watch it enough I guess. So what's your setup, a tailgate spreader?

14. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The misunderstanding made me have a good laugh though.

15. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Oh not a problem.

I watch entirely too much tv.

Oh just a Dodge with a Meyer with wings and a Buyers swing away large tailgate for now.

Id prefer a v-box but with the truck I have I dont have enough capacity weight wise, or room wise since I need a spreader and a sno blower with me at all times.