1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

yay my head lights work ... kinda

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by nekos, Nov 2, 2005.

1. nekos

nekos Senior Member

just hooked my plow up to move it a few days ago and i noticed the lights on the plow don't work .
    the amber lights and turn signals work fine but the head lights wont go on unless i turn on the brights !

any clue whats goin on ??? , thx :)
  2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Probably a bad wire connector, I would start there.
  3. genrock

genrock Member

How old is your truck, what kind is it?
    If it is an older vehicle it may just be a ground problem. Do they come on when you move your plow or not. Do they go dim when you operate your plow.
    Check all your grounding connecting and sand them down to bare metal and go from there.
  4. nekos

nekos Senior Member

it's a 97 ford f150
    the lights do work , when i turn the brights on. when i turn the brights off , only the amber lights on the plow work and my normal driveing light's go on.

doesn't make much sence to me , from what i have been told it is one of the relay's causeing the problem. :confused:

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

you need new relays, there cheap and easy to install:waving:
  6. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

I just fixed a problem with the same symptoms. I had a pin busted off the plow side harness. Replaced the harness, all good now.
  7. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

nekos....You never did say what kind of plow you have.
    Sounds like a Western to me.
    You have a bad relay as TRUE TURF LAWN stated.
    You can buy them at any auto store.

They should be bundled with tape near the divers side headlight.