1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yard Guard

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by blueline38, Oct 31, 2012.

1. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

So, my driveway is gravel as is my nieghbors and my parents who's I will be plowing. I am planning on making a yard guard. My question is this;

Based on the design in the attached pic, has anyone tried cutting the back out and allowing the guard to swivel forward so it comes off the plow while back dragging? The design would push the guard back when going forward. This is just an idea and a theory! Any insight or attempts? :mechanic:
  2. Paul D

Paul D Member

I'm curious how having it swing out of the way would be a benefit? If you need it going forward, why not when going backward?
  3. blueline38

blueline38 Senior Member

I read that guys didn't like the way it backdragged and I've never had a problem digging up stones while back dragging with just the blade. Just an idea, instead of adding a backdrag blade!
  4. Paul D

Paul D Member

My guess is that you would have a difficult time getting it to set against the blade again when going forward. I think it would just ride along in front since you can't tilt the blade forward.
  5. BigJ

BigJ Junior Member
    from CO

I think you might get small rocks and snow stuck in between the blade and the yard guard. I feel like i would be spending time getting out of the truck to make sure the guard goes back in place. Maybe a spring loaded device would work a little better. Good luck though.