1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yamaha Grizzly 700

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by BlueRam2500, Feb 2, 2013.

1. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Anybody got one? Thinking of upgrading my Foreman to one of these and looking for some feedback from people who have one.

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

My buddy has one he likes it, what are you looking for more power?
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

4. BlueRam2500

More power is really all I'm after. I'll keep the foreman around for my fiancée and as a backup plower.
  5. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

U wont be disappointed.. took me almost 3 years to pull the trigger on getting one.. I got good price and was exactly what I wanted...has tons of power an to me its the smoothest atv I ever rode.. I love it.. wish I would of done it long time ago... I say go for it.. awesome machines.. and fuel injection n power steering are sweet too.. let's us know what u pick n how it turns out
  6. BlueRam2500

Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to wait until next year and get one. Did you buy yours new?
  7. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

Yes bought a 2011 in jan of 2012.. mrsp on it was 9800.. I got it with a 4 year warrenty for 6800.. couldn't pass that up.. love every second I did it
  8. BlueRam2500

Wow where did you find that deal? Thats awesome I would definitely do that now.
  9. nautica0626

nautica0626 Member

Was a floor model n they needed it to go.. n my friend is awesome at making deals...he worked em over good..
  10. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I don't know if Grizzlies have independant rear suspension, do they? That's the only type of machine I'd have. And also a minimum of a front differential lock. So, for me, between the independant rear suspension and true all wheel drive, that's why I like the Polaris Sportsman. Just my personal preference though.
  11. BlueRam2500

They are independent rear. I had a 660 Grizzly back in 2004, liked the bike but didn't like the body roll going around a turn. Maybe some bigger tires and wheel spacers will fix that.

Nautica, thats an awesome price no matter what. If I don't get a new truck later this year, I'm going to go for a Grizzly. I got a price from Rusty Palmer's in PA for $9100 for a '13 with 3000lb winch and 60" plow installed which I thought was a good deal. I'll go for that if I decide to hang onto my truck for a little while longer.

Thanks for the replies.
  12. Dave T

Dave T Senior Member
    from NE PA

The 700 Grizz, and it's little brother 550 are great quads. Two of our fellow riders have them, and they love them.

The only other quad I would by other than a King would be a Grizz.
  13. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

A friend of my son has Grizzly 700 and even with big tires and spacers its still top heavy This past summer We all was trail rideing and that Grizzly spent more time on its side then on 4 wheels
    One time rolled over and throttle got stuck wide open and once got back on all 4 wheels it took off It was funny :laughing:
  14. BlueRam2500

I have fond memories of taking turns on my '04 and almost going over. Maybe if I add larger, wider tires it will help it out.
  15. R3Dside

R3Dside Member

I have a '12 Grizzly 450.... great machine. As far as tipping over, any atv can do that. I've done it once, but I was asking for it, full power-slide sideways.. Its bound to tip.
    I got the 450 because its smaller footprint (plowing sidewalks and tight spaces) its not overly huge, and its carburated. I don't want to have to mess with that EFI stuff, my luck it would fail me deep in a canadian woods, days from a yamaha dealer. I'll stick to what I can fix with a screwdriver!

As far a power, and plowing, it has plenty... Wouldn't need more, (not bad on fuel=more plowing profit)
    Top speed though? Not to great, although I don't need a work quad getting me up to 55 mph or more.
  16. Antlerart06

My father bought one the First 660 independant rear and right off bat He put wide tires on it
    You had to watch when you turn it un like my Sportsman I could take a corner at high speed with all 4 wheels on the ground I tried it with that 660 and there no way I could keep 4 wheels on the ground
    My father bought it It was easy to steer for him vs his Sportsman Now He rides 800 Ranger
    The 660 just sets We use it some moving cattle Since my sportsman setup for snow I ride the 660 to look for deer sheds
  17. livergsp

livergsp Junior Member

The Grizzly is A great machine...

www.grizzlycentral.com is the way to go as far as info.

My 2011 550eps is awesome!
    I have not had much snow since my purchase, but I know it will do the job.
    They are very reliable machines.
    I did not want to spend the extra cash for the 700, and I am happy!
    Stock tires stunk so I went with GBC Grim Reapers in 25x8-12/25x10-12.
    8ply radial really helped!
    My 550 goes over 60mph and doesn't seem to be under powered ever.

Good luck,
  18. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

i like the larger size and feel of the Kawasaki better because im a bigger guy
  19. livergsp

livergsp Junior Member

How is the Kawasaki Prairie 360 Bigger?

Maybe A BruteForce, but not the Prairie 360.
    I think the specs are real close to A Grizzly.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  20. Antlerart06

That 360 isnt a big atv thats size I would buy that for my kids to ride
    My hunting buddy has one he is a 300lb guy When we trail ride I always thought he was slow so I got on it They are slow vs 500 and bigger ATVs Since that one trail ride He traded up to the BruteForce now he stays up with us on trails

360 be good for snow plowing