1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Y'all that got supercoils..

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Jan 12, 2014.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Wanna do supercoils on my front end. How are they working for you?

2. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

I'm wondering too. I think I need a new set of springs. I bottom out going over anything. Supercoils makes three different ones for the diesel truck. Problem is I don't want to raise it 2.5".
    2500lb stock height, 2600lb +2.5", 5000lb + 2.5"
    Shame they don't have a 3500lb +1"
    Spacers suck. They don't fix the problem - tired springs.

3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I put the 988 series coils from Dodge( last 3 digits of part number) on mine. 1" lift and holds a 9' VXT great.

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I lived by them with my Dodges. 2" lift average for the 5400 lb ones and ride great.

5. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

What 988?
    I see SSC-23? SSC-22?
    pulling from:
    http://www.supersprings.com/supercoils_fitchart.asp

OR, are you talking actual Dodge OEM parts and not supercoils?
    If so, how old are they? All springs are great new, it's how long they stay.
    I like _some_ rake... hate the squat look with weight in the back.

I was even wondering if the 4500 springs would fit... 4400lb rating...

6. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

How long has everybody had their springs? Still holding up like the day they were installed?

2" lift isn't really a biggie. My front end Chevy's a little without the plow and it would look better if she was level.

7. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ran a couple years on diesels with 8611lp and 810's before I sold the trucks. My buddie has a set with probably 3-4 years on a diesel with an 8611LP as well. Still like they day they were installed.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hahahaha "Chevy's a little"

9. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

What about skyjacker? They add a slight lift but doesn't say carrying capacity. http://www.jegs.com/i/Skyjacker/825/D25/10002/-1

I've plowed with a chevy and it sucks! After four hours all you start to see is parking lot from the squatting.

10. jhenderson9196

The 988. Coils are FACTORY. Been on for 250,000 miles. Still fine.

11. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Skyjacker lifts are junk. I assume those are too......especially without a rating. I sent you a link on a well priced set of what you need. I wouldn't cheap out on 30 bucks difference.

12. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

ive actually had my skyjacker 2.5 coils on my truck for 3 years now...not only did they level the truck like i was going for but they held my 8ft pro plus fine...barely any sag.....and imo they ride leaps and bounds better than peoples trucks ive known with supercoils

13. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I went with sdtrucksprings.com. They were about $50 cheaper and do the same exact thing. Now just wait for my Bilstein shocks to get here and I got alot of work ahead haha. I love the Dodge Cummins but I wish there was a way to get it to ride like a Chevy and not sacrifice the suspension.

14. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Without telling us what you went with, this post doesn't say much.
    I see three different options.
    Model: TTC-1216
    Model: TTC-1213
    Model: TTC-1217

One is rated for 5000lbs, another is rated 2600lbs, the other doesn't say a word.

And my same gripe still stands. What about we folks that don't want a 2.5" lift?
    Hate like hell to buy brand new springs then have to cut them shorter.

15. jhenderson9196

Did you read my post?

16. gasjr4wd

gasjr4wd Senior Member

Did I? Yes, factory springs. I may end up going factory/dealer route. My local dealer can't tell me any weight ratings on springs. They can't do anything without a vin number. :mad:

My last post was aimed to OneBadDodge06.

17. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

I went to the local spring shop and bought a set of 5400lb rate coils that were 3/4" higher that stock for my 2500 dodge in the sig line. it was close to $400.00 but the truck rides nice, sits like it's suppose to (Not level, I tow with it) and only squats about 3/4"-1" when I raise the blade.

Save you money on lift kit parts and order the correct stuff.

That's my $0.02

18. jhenderson9196

Sorry, i didn't mean to be short with you.No dealer can tell you wt ratings. The 988 springs are the heaviest dodge offers. Dodge goes as far as to put 1 number lighter spring on the pass side to allow for the fuel tank on the driver side. If you are lucky, the factory tag is still on your springs. Check and then do some research.The last 3 numbers on the tag change with wt, the higher the number, the heavier the rating. The wt rating is based on chassis length plus options on the individual truck. a lot of guys put in these springs when they add custom bumpers and winches. Like I said, they work for me. BY the way, the new springs were a little shorter than the old, but with the stiffer rate raised my truck about one inch after getting them settled in for a few days.

19. OneBadDodge06

from Iowa

I didn't know I needed to post part numbers since my original question was about who was satisfied with their supercoils.

Maybe you'd be better off usng sdtrucksprings.com online customer service chat since being a d*ck doesn't get very far with me.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lmao...........................