1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yahoo E-mail ?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Arc Burn, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Some of my Plowsite notifications are coming thru in my Yahoo "bulk mail" account,it typically only recieves junk mail and spam.This just started a few weeks ago,i realize it's probably not a Plowsite error but what do you figure it could be?It's not a huge problem or anything,just strange is all.

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Anything like that should go to the E-mail addy you have provided to Plowsite. Did you change that address in your Profile recently?

3. Arc Burn

No,on my Yahoo account there is a standard Inbox and Bulk Mail box,the junk mail and spam usually goes directly into the Bulk box but recently some of the notitfications are going to the Bulk box.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Arc, you are registered here with a yahoo address. It is Yahoo that is treating e mails from PS as bulk or junk mail.

Not sure exactly what criteria they use to determine what is bulk or junk, you might have to look around at Yahoo and see if you can change your preferences.

~Chuck

5. Arc Burn

Thanks Chuck,I never suspected it to be a PS problem.The Bulk mail account usually works very well in keeping junk mail out of my "Inbox" but it went a little hay wire here lately:p

6. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

My Earthlink account does the same thing, I had to deactivate the spam blocker to get the notices. I'm not that clever to figure out how to fix it....:eek:

7. JustUsDe

JustUsDe Senior Member

how to correct problem

Go to your bulk mail and open one of your plow site emails. You will see a hyper link that says this is not spam. Click on it. Then check the box that says create filter. then click on continue. This should take care of the problem.

Ray

8. Arc Burn

:dizzy: Why didn't i think of that:confused: Gonna try that right now,thanks Ray:waving:

9. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

That advice will work with any e-mail server that has a spam blocker. It is likely to become more of a problem as spam does the same. Really the only way to decipher sometimes is to go into the e-mail and identify it. This way future e-mails from the same address will be ok.

I don't think Plowsite sends out any e-mails other then notifications, so you will be safe identifying it.