1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ya think 600lbs is enough??

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kurtandshan, Dec 14, 2011.

1. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Just put 600lbs worth of tube sand between wheel wells and tailgate. Think its enough? Truck=2007 F250 Crewcab shortbox 5.4 gasser w/8'2Vxt. thanks for your thoughts.:salute:
  2. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

should be good
  3. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

Yes perfect amount of weight. Thats how much i have in my truck
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think 600lbs is plenty for that combination
  5. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

f250 diesel crew cab

i have just about the same set up 8'4" sno way v blade crew cab short box 2006 f250 with 6000 lbs front springs with the 6.0l diesel how much for ballast i was thinking 650-700 first year plowing with this truck
  6. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

600 should be adequate for your setup
  7. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

That's the same weight I have had in mine the last several years and its worked perfectly, even in 30"+ and breaking open unplowed roads. This year I've added a spreader, but no pushable events yet to see how the added weight handles.
  8. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

ive got a plastic pallet with a sheet of plywood and a big truck tire filled with sand for my truck, slide it in with forks and take it out when your done without shoveling
  9. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Should be plenty with a small plow and lightweight engine.
  10. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

DOH!!!!! That hurts a little.....:cry:
  11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I was just kiddin ya a little man :laughing:
  12. johnnysnok

johnnysnok Member

For the last 4 seasons i have been using the Shur Trax in the bed of my pick up and it works great! You can leave it in all winter or take it in and out. It is made so it can freeze, i throw a sheet of 1/4 plywood over the top of it so i can still throw stuff in the bed without having any problems.