1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

YA or NA on this truck for $5500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by markzrt1, Mar 13, 2008.

1. markzrt1

markzrt1 Junior Member

'94 3/4 ton, 97,000 miles, new 4l80 tranny, 350, 9'2 v plow

chev2.jpg

vhev1.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

she looks pretty good, i mean take it to a shop and have the mechanic look it over and drive it. It seems like a pretty good price. that is one hell of a plow on there. move a lot of snow with it, that is for sure...

3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's a good price if it is not a beat to crap lifetime plow truck. Have it looked over by a professional! How rusted is the undercarriage frame etc.... if it's been a plow truck in the cities it's whole life it may be pretty bad. I made that mistake once... never again!

4. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I think that is more than fair. The plow is worth 2000.00. I paid 6500.00 for a 98 exactly like that with 139000 miles. No plow. Of course it was extra clean and I liked the fact it never plowed. Used it alot this winter and not one problem! Knock on wood.

5. Plowfast9957

Plowfast9957 Senior Member

Sounds like a decent deal. Is the tranny NEW or REBUILT? I have had alot of problems with those trannys being rebuilt. Not to say that you will just my experience.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I,
    2nd the, never buy a used plow truck again !

My truck got the name "THE Big Red Drain " for a reason. The truck may need a lot of parts replaced and service done to it. Or it could be fine and well taken care of. It's a gamble. Look at it real close, ask what's been replaced / serviced recently.