1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv2 wing slow?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by awhip, Jan 21, 2016.

1. awhip

awhip Member

I've got a new xv2, and the left side wing is way slower than right. Checked fluid. read that it's normal for them to do this on another thread but it's only 5 storms old i feel like they should go at the same speed.
    Also it came with shorter bump stops? To let it stack higher, i can put those on right? I just didn't want to damage the lift piston.
    Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I think the wing thing happens when there is air in the system. anytime I've had that issue in the past (I had a bad unit two seasons ago, constat work on it, drained more times than I can recall) it quickly goes away with use. If it's not going away, it needs to be bled down to rectify it as it's airbound.

Which hole selection are you using on your T frame to headgear connection?

To determine if you have the correct setting...

Per install guide - with plow off truck:

skip to step 8:

I personally use the middle holes with short bump stops.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. awhip

awhip Member

Air bound! I bet your right. I had a hose loosen up i bet it sucked air
    I'm on top i believe my trucks pretty tall, I'm going to put the short ones on.
    Thanks

4. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Also check your valves. I had a slow wing a couple of times. Pulled the valves, cleaned the crap out of them and everything was fine afterwards.