1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv2 on f350

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jones68, Sep 2, 2014.

1. jones68

jones68 Junior Member

Looking at getting an 8'6" xv2 on my '09 f350. The truck is a single rear wheel extended cab (super cab) it does not have the full rear doors. It has an 8' bed. What I'm running into is some dealers say it's ok to run this plow on this truck others say it's too heavy. According to fishers web site it is not one of the "ematch" plows for this truck but it does pop up when you put in regular cab. Does 18" longer wheel base really make the difference. According to the fisher "ematch" the 8.6 xtreme v (899lbs) and the 7.6 xv2 (914) are reccomended. It shows the 8.6 xv2 weighs 957lbs I just don't see 50lbs making a big difference. Anyone have any experience with this issue. (The 7.6 is outta the question I just threw it in there for a weight reference)

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

because the trks frame is elongated for the 1/2 back cab fisher engineering doesn't like the teeter taught weight(stress) issue way out frt on the frame

3. jones68

jones68 Junior Member

One thing none of the dealers have not asked about is counter weight. Shouldn't that come into account?

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

counter weight in this case isn't really a issue its mainly used so when plowing the trk doesn't get in a akward angle where all the weights out frt and ya cant get enough traction to move this usually happens when u need to backup a grade like a turtle on his back :)