1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv2 not holding pressure during back drag

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jonny72888, Jan 13, 2016.

1. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Plow issue
    Hey guys I have a brand new xv2 and when I back drag the passenger wing doesn't stay locked. Also that same wing is slower going into the scoop but moves at the same speed going to v. Otherwise the plow works great.
    Pressure relief valve or solenoid would be my guess. What do you guys think think?
    No leaks.

2. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

if its brand new why not bring it to the dealer?… it definitely sounds like a solenoid isn't staying closed. powering up at the wrong time.

3. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

They are 4 weeks booked. If it was something small I'd just fix it

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

There isn't another dealer you can go to.The only thing with fixing it yourself is making sure you don't void the warranty

5. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

I have to call around some more. I called 2 closest both with the same wait time.

6. TPCLandscaping

If you are a business your dealer should be able to find a spot to get you in.

7. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

I only have one plow and couldn't care less

8. ShawcrossSR

ShawcrossSR Member

Sounds like back pressure relief valve needs adjusting

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Rod end relief valve. Sadly they are not the easiest thing to get to, hidden behind side covers of pump. Are you trying to move plow while back dragging? As for the one wing a bit slower, this is common. No need to worry about it.

10. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

No I'm not. If I start off with it straight and back drag, the passenger side will end up being fully extended. It doesn't hold the pressure.

11. TPCLandscaping

If you have it straight and push the blade doesn't drop back to V right?

12. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

9 out of 10 times this is caused be debris in the rod end relief. But like I said they are hidden by the side covers. Always have the possibility of a damaged valve or valve o rings but I would put money on the relief valve. I will normally reset the check ball while I have them out.

13. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

That is correct TPCLandscaping. And is only the one side.

Kimber, I'm calling a few dealers around me when they open to see if they can get to it tomorrow. (snow coming this weekend) and if not I'll take a look at it.

Do you happen to know which relief it would be? I'm guessing one of the bottom 2 on the passenger side.

14. TPCLandscaping

If you go onto fishers website you may be able to print off a trouble shooting guide. I know you could for the old plows. As long as you can follow schematics and some flow charts they are a big help

15. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

maybe this will help you

hydro.jpg

16. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Digging this up

I took it to the dealer and they said that the relief valve wasn't adjusted right. They said they adjusted it. It's still doing it just not as bad. I'm going to try and adjust it this week. Do I go in or out with the screw to increase the pressure

17. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Member

Not sure? Take it to ONSITE in pawt. R.I. Across the street from burger
    king. They know there SH.T ? family business . Go thru Fisher warranty,
    Good Luck!! :drinkup::drinkup:

18. jonny72888

jonny72888 Member

Ended up fixing it today. The relief valve was bad, I switched it with the drivers side and it started to do it. Put a new valve in and it's fine now.