1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv2 no power

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Doubledeuce, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Doubledeuce

Doubledeuce Junior Member

Hello,
    Just bought my first plow, an 8.5 ft xv2. This is for personnel use only. I just finished the wiring but have no power to the controller. My headlights and signal lights work fine. I've double checked all connections and everything seems tight. I'm not really electrically inclined, is there any simple things I can check to try to get this working before I bite the bullet and take this to a garage?

The fisher dealer I bought from only sells, does not install or service. I'm a little hesitant to take this to a local garage and have a car mechanic troubleshoot the electrical.

Any help would be appreciated,

Regards,
    Travis

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you have the red wire off the control harness tied into a witched ignition source in the fuse box? Is the control back lit when plow is hooked up?

3. Doubledeuce

Yes, I tied into the power wire to the cigarette lighter plug. The plug works as I keep my cell booster plugged into it and the lights are on on the booster. I have no lights on the plow controller at all. I guess I'll need to get a multi meter and start checking the controller plug for power, and maybe work back from there.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

There should be two fuses by the module under the hood and two out on the plow pump under the front cover by the plow module.

5. Doubledeuce

Ok, thanks. I'll check to ensure I've got power to the fuses

6. Doubledeuce

Found the problem,the red wire was broken inside the harness. Ran a new wire and now it works,

Thanks,
    Travis

7. Doubledeuce

Now the plow electrics work, but the ram leaks like a seive, and the truck headlights do not work on the drivers side. Ram is being replaced under warranty, but this wiring harness is really gettin on my nerves. Doesn't seem to be much quality control. It's been almost a week and I still haven't pillowed a flake of snow because it's been one issue after another. @ $7100 plus tax, cash and carry, not counting installation, I'm so far not impressed.

8. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I don't want to sound like an ass but if you spent $7100 WITHOUT installation you got screwed... Is it a stainless blade?... I paid $5200 cash and carry for my 9.5 XV2 yellow steel.

9. He's probably talking Canadian currency....

10. As far as the headlights go, you've probably got a connection problem on the drivers side where you connected the Fisher harness to the factory harness. Make sure you have the configuration for the grounds all the same, either "A" or "B".