1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV2 module issues on 2014 Ram

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dzlpete, Dec 21, 2014.

1. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

I have a 2014 Ram diesel that has recurring issues with the Fisher electronics.
    Shortly after install I got the " low beam headlamp out" warning, followed by the " left turn signal out " warning. Checked all the lights, all are perfect. Replaced plow module by fisher dealer, all is good for the summer. First time plowing this fall, all the warnings are back.
    I would like a permanent fix for this before warranty ends, and I'm told to go pound sand, or worse the fisher electronics damage the truck.
    Yes I have the projector style headlights.
    Now, my left turn signal is permanently out even when plow is off!
    So, any fisher engineers out there that can fix this? Or did I buy the wrong equipment?

Also getting a slow/no response sometimes with the controller.
    thanks.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

3. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

No, it is part # 29070 on the module

4. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

That may explain it??

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

29070 is the correct isolation module. The harness which is plugged into the lights on the truck should be a #69803.

6. cubicinches

To elaborate... 69803 is the actual harness number which you'd find on the harness. It is contained in the kit #69804, which LON referred to.

7. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Well I guess I'll have to dig around with a light to find it. I will know by tomorrow if I can't find it tonite.
    Thanks.

8. cubicinches

While you're checking, I'd confirm that the 11 pin harness (position A on the iso module) is a #29860. It should have two small cube relays broken out of it near where it plugs into the module.

9. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Yes, part # 29860 on port A wiring with the two cubes.
    I see nothing yet with part # 69804 on it though.

10. cubicinches

The lighting plug-in harness will say 69803.

11. dzlpete

dzlpete Junior Member
    from Ma

Well the lighting harness is only labeled as part #29860, and service part # 29861. The label is dated 8/2013, so perhaps there is an updated part number?
    Also, the isolation module I have does not say
    w/projector style vehicle lighting like the link posted by LON indicates it should, even though the part number corresponds.
    This is frustrating, because as of now, the fisher dealer "fixed" it once. However, they are not responding to voicemails, or emails. The only time I exist is if I show up at his place and catch him there, then he acts like he doesn't know why I'm there!
    And he said he was on the phone with fisher tech in Maine the last time I was in,trying to sort it out which was in June or July.

12. cubicinches

The lighting harness is the one that is plugged into the truck headlamps, and the original connectors from the truck harness are plugged into it. It is also plugged into the module at positions B and C. This harness should be a 69803. If you have a 29070 green label module, then you have the correct one. It's not likely that you have the incorrect lighting harness. There are only three different plug-in harnesses for projector style lamps, and I don't think the others would actually even plug in at the backs of your truck lamps. I'd check the harness well for damage along it's entire length, and where it's plugged into the truck connectors, the truck lamps, and the iso module.