1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV2 Denting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bighmr, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Bighmr

Bighmr Junior Member

My new XV2 stainless 9.5 has a dent sticking out not in from the cross bracing on the drivers side wing. I don't understand please help.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Need to post pics

Chances are its been pressed hard against the frame, hence the denting.

3. Bighmr

Bighmr Junior Member

I am new and not sure yet how to post a pic, the plow has been used twice and also been back for relief valve problems already. I am not hard on my stuff by any means and do not understand how this could happen it makes me sick. If it dented in from hitting something I understand, I owned two prior extreme v plows and never had anything like this.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

New as in brand new or new to you?

Posting from computer or phone? If phone, iPhone or driod?

5. Bighmr

Bighmr Junior Member

Brand new plow on a brand new truck, Ram 2500.

6. Bighmr

Bighmr Junior Member

I have several buddies who plow commercial with the same plow and no problems, and I only plow my own stuff. Real discouraged

7. Bighmr

Bighmr Junior Member

Update

Plow was taken back to the dealer and one section of the cross bracing was found to be sticking out a bit from the rest of the braces causing the plow skin to dent outward. The problem is now being resolved and a new plow skin is on the way. I did not think it was anything I done to cause this, and I am happy Fisher is standing behind their product.

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Too bad it wasn't caught by quality control at the factory when it was built.