1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV2 Crate Size??

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vwmurph, Sep 12, 2014.

1. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

I'm going to pick up an 8"6" XV2 next week in the crate. Wondering if anyone can confirm that the crate will fit in the bed of a truck? 2013 GMC 2500

Thanks

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

They come in two crates. The blade halves in one, and the rest of it in another. The two will fit in an 8' truck bed with the gate down.

3. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

My MVP + I bought was on 2 pallets Don't think it will fit in your bed take a trailer

Just did fit on my flatbed

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

We put both pallets in the back of an 8' box half ton Chevy with the gate down, and put a ratchet strap around the rear one from one stake pocket to the other. They'll both go in without hanging off the gate. We do it about ten times a week at this point.

5. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the info. I've got a 6.5' bed, so it sounds like it will hang over past the tailgate by 12-18". I think I'll plan on bringing my trailer with me.

6. jday53

jday53 Junior Member

I put both crates in my short box superduty Friday. Wings in first then head gear and just strapped it in.