1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV2 Blade Stop Kit

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Do any of you guys with the new XV2 have the blade stop kit installed? I can't imagine why this isn't standard equipment on this plow instead of being considered an accessory. With the speed that this plow operates at, it's only a matter of time before the constant ramming of the double acting angle cylinders will cause a problem. Here is the kit and P/N if anyone wants it. Fisher P/N 43082

http://library.fisherplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/43077.02_101513.pdf

2. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

How much was the kit?

3. $135.00..........

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I never understood that as well. I beleive the 9'6" plows have it standard, but not the 8'6" ones.

Got them on mine, and they absorb a lot of impact.

5. Orangelandscape

Orangelandscape Junior Member

Your plow came with them? My 9.5 didn't

6. Khowie644

Khowie644 Member
    from Maine

It's an option for them both now, which is stupid with how much the wings weigh and how fast they come slamming back.
    Just another way for them to make money I guess since they're pretty much required if you don't want to mess anything up.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I believe they come standard with the wing kit

8. I agree....the speed at which these wings come back is incredible. There is absolutely NO soft stop to these XV2s.

9. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Is there a soft stop for the wings on the extreme v's?

10. searay220

searay220 Member

Where did you get them?

11. procuts0103

procuts0103 Senior Member

Zequip.com 120 bucks