1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV2 and MVP3 back drag edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by maxima, Feb 7, 2016.

1. maxima

maxima Banned

has anyone else used one of these on their plow? Worst accessory i've ever purchased, supposed to help with back dragging and it actually makes it worse AND messes up how the plow works going forward. Don't waste your money.

2. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

Did you install it with a new cutting edge?
    I did and it seems to work best in V mode as the leading edges have some extra weight on them that way.
    Sorry yours aren't working.

3. maxima

maxima Banned

back drag edge....

it's a brand new plow so yeah new cutting edge. the back drag edge sticks down beyond the cutting edge so the cutting edge no longer touches the ground.....what a mess it made........i had to remove it mid storm. it's the WORST accessory i've ever bought for anything. it also made the plow back drag WORSE

4. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Sounds like it wasn't installed right. With the blade down both edges are supposed to be even.

5. maxima

maxima Banned

Fisher Extreme V/XV2 Western MVP Plus/MVP3 Plow 8.5' BACK DRAG EDGE KIT 44282-3

i don't see how it's possible to install it wrong, it's not like the edge mounting holes are slotted, you remove the nut/washer from the back of the trip edge and put the back drag edge up against the back of the trip edge and put washer and nut on.

6. AllHands

AllHands Junior Member

Fresh, i just bought an MVP3 this year when i upfit a new truck, and my guy at the dealer actually told me NOT to buy the back drag edge for it. He said it will back drag much better without it. I have no experience with the backdrag edge so i cant comment myself but from what these guys are saying he seemed to be dead on accurate.