1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV1 wing drifting back

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by oldmankent, Feb 9, 2015.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an XV1. The driver side wing will slowly drift back from scoop to Vee. It is in the shop right now. I had brought it in a year or so ago for the dame issue. They are having trouble finding a problem with it. This isn't a full on Fisher shop, but they work on Fishers all the time and have a fleet of trucks with Fishers. Anyone have any ideas they might be overlooking? No noticeable fluid loss. I can still use the plow and have been for this storm. I hit my accounts this morning early and took truck in. I was hoping for a quick fix and get truck back fairly early. Not looking like that at the moment. It is accumulating quick. Thanks, Nick.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I would guess you need to replace one of your check valves or relief valve

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Normally this is caused by bad/contaminated base end relief valve. They are hidden under the plastic cover on the drivers side of pump.