1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv1 stops working. No flashing lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 07PSDCREW, Feb 7, 2015.

1. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

My xv1 will stop working randomly. In my fury I hit all the buttons and then the plow will drop and will start working. Sometimes I drag the plow out of the pile and it will start working. No functions work other than down. I talked to a buddy and was thinking button pad or solenoid. The solenoid was 15$ so I bought one and put it on the plow. I haven't tried it other than right after install. If this happens not to fix it, what other things should I check??? Also after just 3 mins of operating the plow before replacing solenoid it was probably over 250 degrees still after dismounting and getting the back cover off. Is this normal??
    Thanks.

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Early production cords were a problem,seen a bunch of those.
    The replacement motor relay (solenoid) should be an updated 42901 designed for the FleetFlex system,looks exactly like the old with a different duty cycle,common symptoms of that failing are the motor sticking on and heating up bad to plain quiting.

3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Just to update, sorry I forgot.... But I replaced the solenoid and it hasn't happened again since. I did be sure to get the correct solenoid though. Thanks for the reply arc burn.