1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Motorman 007, Nov 27, 2014.

1. As you regulars here know I'm pretty well versed in everything from a speedcaster up to and including anything insta act. I just put a 2013 XV on my new 2015 GMC 2500 HD. 2 plug fleet flex. It all works great but I have a quirky problem. When I angle the plow left it causes all the lights in the dash to go completely out. Radio and nav die too. After a few seconds they come back on. Any ideas? Happy Thanksgiving to all....

2. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

That's is odd!:dizzy: check all grounds...

3. Yup...odd for sure. I'm going to try and track it down today.

4. I moved my main ground to the engine block and it doesn't appear to do it anymore. The Main Battery cable isn't long enough to make it all the way to the battery (neg side) since on the '15 the battery is now located near the passenger side firewall. I would rather be hooked directly to the battery.

5. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Its tight but it makes it if you run it correctly.

6. Picked up my plow to move it today and since we haven't had any plowable snow since Thanksgiving I figured I'd take the XV for a ride. All the plow functions work fine except the problem in my original post is still there. While driving if I operate the plow, left, right, vee, or scoop it completely shuts down my dash display. Gauges shut off, radio shuts off etc. They come back on after a few seconds. If I am parked in the driveway and do the same thing I can't get it to act up. The battery wire is connected to the positive terminal on the battery and ground is on the engine block where another decent size chassis ground is connected. Any ideas?

7. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

Iam having the same issue with my 08 2500 hd. My aftermarket nav shuts off when using the blade resets and comes back on. I only have a single battery set up. Is it possible it's to much draw?

8. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Too much resistance, maybe yes. Most folks go right to a bad connection on the truck end of both the positive and negative connections. What we often forget about is the plow end connections. If either one on either end is bad for any reason, resistance (draw) goes up. The truck sees this as abnormal and starts to shut things down. And remember, even under the best of conditions, modern plows draw a ton of amps.

9. Yes they do but this condition should not be happening. There is another thread where the VP of Fisher posted that this is a new problem on the new Fords and Chevys and Fisher and other plow manufacturers are aware of it and trying to figure it out.

10. speedracer7c

speedracer7c Junior Member

There is a TSB out from Fisher on this. No fix as of yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  11. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

I added a second battery solved all my problems