1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xv Issue again

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tls22, Feb 22, 2015.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Hey guys..(This is not a complaint,love my xv)

Was plowing last night (4 inches of wet) i noticed my plow raising slow and then not raising at all. The problem continued to get worse when at certain times nothing would work. I got out and unplugged everything and checked fuses, seemed to work better for a bit. Then I lost all movement, when I press the controller all I heard was clicking from the pump. I just recently changed my s2 valve.

Thanks guys. I short chained the plow to get it home. Fluid is fine.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Could be motor, solenoid or connections.

3. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

I had a issue with the middle plug on the iso mod on the pump being loose used a zip tie to hold it in and no issues

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a dying motor?

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

If it is not making a good connection with the main plug, it can certainly do that. Does the light on the controller blink when you are getting clicking? If so indicative of bad connection. If not, test the truck side plug for 12v and work from there.

6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

The lights on the controller are good. I had that issue last year and had to get a new fish stick. If the pump is clicking I would think it's getting power....will check plug tomorrow. I hope it is not a motor....odd that I was able to nurse it all night, until the morning it crap out.

7. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

When the plow stops working, do you get a clicking sound? If you do then its the solenoid. On my XV I've already replaced 2 of them in 3 years. Easy and cheap ($13) repair, but sucks in the middle of a storm

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If it clicks how can you guarantee it is not the motor without testing the solenoid?

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Yes! Only thing it does is click, hopefully that's it.

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I will test it tomorrow....I hope it's not the motor

11. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I'm just going by my own experience. Fisher has had a recall on the solenoids for the XV Plows, as one of my two were under warranty. If the motor was bad, I would think that it would smoke or the operator could smell the motor getting cooked. Either way I hope that its a solenoid for his benefit so he can get his plow squared away

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Thank you everyone! Once again this site saves me! It was the solenoid.