1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV issue 8.5

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tls22, Jan 21, 2015.

1. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Plow sits great on the new truck, but I noticed it drifts down in transit. I constantly have to raise it up from fish stick. Any suggestions?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Probably an O ring leaking. Usually they just replace the bad valve. They are very easy to replace at the back of the pump. I don't know if you can get just an O ring kit (if thats the problem) but I remember my dealer saying they just replace the valve which comes with new o rings.
  3. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

YEEUP like brian young said bad cartridge or small chance ur lift cylinder is going bad
  4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Those o rings are a PITA for sure. Fisher charges something ridiculous for them but any hydraulic shop will sell them for about .30 cents. Could be the OP lift cylinder needs repacked or as mentioned a bad valve
  5. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

Check the S2 valve to see if it's slightly stuck open...this could allow a small amount of fluid to blow past the valve and the plow would slowly drop. The S2 valve is on the side within a series of 3 valves and is the center valve.
  6. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

thank you guys! Going to fix it tomorrow...I guess it would be best to replace this with it off the truck?
  7. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

It really does not matter if the plow is on the truck or off the truck....just be sure the power is disconnected when you change the valve if you are going to repair it yourself. It is also a good idea to use a vacuum on the hydraulic canister so that you don't spray hydraulic fluid all over. Again, I am 99% sure your S2 valve is sticking a little, if it's not the S2 it would be the S3 for sure.
  8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

guys thank you so much! It was the s2 valve. Unfortunately my dealer gave me a s1 valve by accident so you could imagine my frustration when the plow jist dropped down. After some phone calls they figured out the screw up. Plowed did great today in 5 inches of slop.

Thanks again guys!
  9. dd3brand

dd3brand Junior Member

Glad to here you are up and running!