1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xv center cutting edges

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Morrissey snow removal, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

does anyone know the thickness of the xv center cutting edges? i am going to fab a set to fit on my ezv i found them online for 85 for thpair but does not say thickness or the hieght of them thanks

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I fab set out of 1/2'' 8'' I bent them at a angle like the OEM are
    First set took a long time to get the right angle was not as easy as it look to make had more time then what they cost
    I was going make a jig for the press but never did

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine were half inch

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There is a company in PA that makes complete MVP/EZ-V edges that have an XV like center and no rubber strip. I think they were like $350 for a set. Pretty well designed.

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i can buy the center xv cutting edges for $90 and i was going to fab them 1/2 would be fine i just dont want 3/8

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The thickness of the centers wouldn't make a huge difference. They cant really wear any faster than the main edges. 1/4 mild would actually work, and mulch easier to work......