1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XV angle ram problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NEUSWEDE, Jan 27, 2010.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have a XV on its 3rd season the angle ram on the passenger side hasnt been locking out. Going down the road with it in straight it will slowing come back towards the truck and does it when plowing. Is this the ram leaking or could it be on pump with a relief valve?
    Any input or where to start checking would be apprecaited. It isn't a big deal but would like to get a handle on it before it gets bad or breaks.
  2. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

Mine did that same thing first storm I used it. Sorry to tell you they had to put a new ram on it. I was lucky it was under warranty. $320 for the ram. But that was fisher. I'm sure you can get one cheaper aftermarket. I guess the seals blow out of them

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Thats what I figured. It isn't terrible just have to hit it again and it goes out. I figured it was from hitting something and being pushed back. Probably grab a spare and wait till it fails or this summer which ever come first.