1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XtremeV Wings

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2COR517, Feb 10, 2009.

1. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Has anyone purchased these? I have a few questions for people that have bought the XV specific wings manufactured by Fisher. Are they pretty well built? Will they take a beating, or are they just decorative? Do they come off and on easily? How much do they "kick in"? If anyone has a bird's eye photo that would be cool. How much do they speed up plowing, like in parking lots? Are you glad you bought them?

Thanks in advance for any posts.
  2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I bought a set, I loved running them until one of my guys bent the mounting hole on the plow itself by hitting a curb with the wing. But overall built great and def. help speed up plowing, much better than a XLS I would say because of the availability of going into a Vshape then also scooping to stack.
    They go on and off easily, I did have to grind some to get them to initially fit but I also have the first gen plow.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

James, thanks for the info. Anyone else?
  4. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

anyone with pics i never seen a fisher v with wings thanks