1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XtremeV Time

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Moss Man, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

As I posted in another thread, I got lucky this summer and liquidated my Fisher Straight Blade to move on to a Fisher Stainless 8'6" XtremeV. I have been looking every day at craigslist and uncle henrys and haven't even seen one, none. I know the deal with the new ones mentioned here at a pretty atractive price, but I'd still like to find a clean used one. I suppose it's a good sign that you rarely see them for sale, it speaks volumes to the integrity of the plow. I have noticed a couple Boss V Plows used, but they really don't interest me. The only thing I have left on the truck is the push plates. Something will pop up, it usually does. I need to branch my search out a little to include New Hampshire and Vermont.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It probably doesn't intrest you but, last I new there is a good looking EZ-V for sale in Belgrade. I don't know how much they want for it though.

3. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanx for bringing that to my attention. I have decided to tough it out and get the plow I want and need this time around. The straight blade served me well, but I want the Stainless XtremeV in the 8'6" model. I am on a budget, but if I have to get a new one around the first of November, than so be it.

4. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey My advice would not only CL but try LANGS Garage in RYE,NH and see if they have any used or last years model for a good price or jim from esi on here Good luckThumbs UpThumbs Up

5. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

I know your looking for stainless but there's a poly 8.5 in Ipswich ma for sale on craigslist. I think it was listed for 2500

6. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I found a 2010 used 8'6" Stainless XtremeV not too far away from me, it's the complete off truck portion with the rubber foil and shoe kit and it also has the Fish Stick. $4,500.

Plowed a couple driveways for one season and stored indoors otherwise.

I wish I knew more about the under hood workings, I sold the module and wiring harnesses with my straight blade so I need some idea of pricing for those parts to know if this plow is a good deal.

7. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

My 8-6 fisher stainless extreme v was about $ 5200 installed, In 2010 with the flap. Personally I think it high, truck wiring wiring is probably 7-800 , then add install. I checked cpw they said it is $ 7700+ shipping, not mounted, boy did the price go up, the buyers snowdogg v is still under 5k new. DD must be on the crack pipe again

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  8. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Langs is around 5800 completely installed with a 2 year warrenty minus 300 because I already have push plates mounted on my truck. So right around 5500 for brand new, no tax. I'd be way over that price once I got all the under hood parts for the used one, seems like a no brainer. The owner at Langs was very curtious and helpful on the phone, no B.S.

9. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey Moss glad you got ahold of langs whether is was my doin or not.They are awsome people up there and help me out on a few thing last season.What ever happened with the other V for $4,500 you found. Just wondering? good luck with the new toyThumbs Up Now all we need is some of white stuff to try it out...But I am sure you get your far share of that this year to play with

10. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah, I saw Langs mentioned enough that I decided I should get a baseline for prices and give a call. The used plow for $4500. wasn't complete, I would have needed both wiring harnesses, the module and installation costs on top of that and I still wouldn't have any kind of warrenty.

11. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Would a 9.6 be to large for you?

12. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I've thought about that a few times and I think it would. I do mostly residential driveways and don't really need one that wide and the extra weight on the truck might be unnecessary. I seem to see more of the 9'6" for sale used though, do you have or know of one for sale?

13. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

Try using searchtempest.com to browse craigslist easier. Dont forget to type words wrong and search... people are idiots! I found one of my Weather Guard toolboxes just by typing in "Weather Gaurd"

14. brad96z28

May have a 9.6 stainless coming in.

15. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

16. brad96z28

thats prety steep for plow only for a yellow. U could buy those last year for 5 g complete. 3500 missing 1400 worth of truck parts not a good price.

17. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

My friend has a 2001 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Regular Cab with a complete 8' MM2 with 135,000 miles on it, pretty much a work truck. It is rough, a mason owned it and didn't care about dents. My point is, he'd take just over 6 grand for the whole deal, it runs and tows great. I can pay $5500 for a V Plow or I can have his whole rig plow and all for $6000. Just illustrates the cost of new.

18. Bignickxtremev

Bignickxtremev Junior Member

plow for sale

Im located in Syracuse NY I have a 8' 6" ss extreme V that is like brand new.. I dont know if your willing to travel but if you want to give me a shout you can email me at Nick_brittney1307@yahoo.com. The mount is for a 99-04 Ford,

19. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I got a very good deal this week on a Fisher MM2 HD 8' just like the one I just sold. I bought it for two reasons, I could turn it over in a few weeks and be in good shape or I could keep it and use it if the right XtremeV doesn't come along. I have not seen one 8'6" XtremeV Stainless S.S. For Sale used within 200 miles of my location in the last 3 months. I've seen a handful of 9'6", but that doesn't fit my needs. I lied, I did see one 8'6" locally but it was too near the price of a new one and didn't have the on truck parts that I need for the install.

20. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our second Extreme V SS goes on tomorrow on our 05. I have ZERO complaints about the first one other than the whimpy 3/8 cutting edge disaster. It has not failed at all literally, just as fast as day one. PM goes a long way which goes for any plow. All we do is have it flushed out, filter cleaned every year and spray it down with the almighty FluidFilm and it looks like it's hardly used. Some of the prices stated for a new set up sound great, we just paid around 6500 for the plow, 2 pieces of rubber,lol and a set of Meyer curb guards for it.