1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XtremeV install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rmartini27, Oct 23, 2011.

1. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

I finally picked up my XtremeV from Langs in Rye, NH. Thanks to Repoman for letting me know about the place, not only were they the cheapest but they were a pleasure to deal with. As I'm sure you guys know there is nothing quite like unwrapping a new plow. I haven't smiled like that in a long time.

I have a question though, while I was driving back home the wrapping on the plow ripped and I think I lost the paper work to the plow (install instructions etc.). I have a plastic bag that was with the MM2 frame with hardware in it and not sure the right place for everything. In the bag was the vent for hydro tank, two bolts (I think to mount the Snow Control that goes over the pivot pin), some cotter pins and two large washers. If anyone can tell me what those two large washers goto I would appreciate it. Or if anyone knows where I can download that info. I will take some pictures throughout and put them in this tread if I can figure out how. I will add pics of the hardware know

028.jpg

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

3. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

thanks kimber, do you know if they are using the cable anymore? I have the spring that came attached to the chain but I did not get any other material for that no cable, no thimble or clevis pin?
    Here's a photo of the progress

003.jpg

4. kimber750

That was the updated installation instructions. So I would think you should have the return cable. :confused:

My XV should be here sometime this week. Can't wait to get it on the truck. So I can find out if I need the airbags or not.

P.S. shiny :cool:

5. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

I got the timbrens for mine 03 2500 hd W/ 6.6L. The truck is so heavy to begin with so I got them. What are you hooking the XV up to?

6. kimber750

02 f350 CC long bed diesel. Had upgrade springs years ago with some I had made. But still it is a heavy truck.

7. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Washers are for the step pins that connect the headgear to the push frame.Was this plow partially assembled?your instructions as well as all hardware should have been in a sealed box inside the "off truck" pallet

8. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

How much did you end up paying? If you dont mind sharing. Im looking to get a new truck set-up and not sure if i want to go with used or new. You can PM if you want.

9. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

yes the plow was partialy assembled, there were some parts in the box/ crate that came with the frame. I didn't get any parts for the cable.

10. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

The total was $5063 for an 8.5 XV with the back drag edge and a gallon of hydro fluid. the hydro and back drag cost $278 and the plow $4785.

I got some other stuff if you guys want some pics and prices just ask

11. M&M

M&M Senior Member

How much did they want to install it?

Back in August 2008 I paid $5150 for my 8'6" stainless X-V installed at Lang's and I was curious how much they have come up in price.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

They've definitely gone up. I think at least $200-$300 from last season alone.

13. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

A 8.5 SS XV was quoted at $5165, the install usually runs about $400.

14. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Make sure you grease up that center pin

15. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

does it have fittings? or do I just apply greese to the shaft?

16. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Is that including truck side set up? Or just the plow side only?

17. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

That includes everyting

18. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

One thing that makes no sense is when the plow frame comes assembled. in order to install the center pin you have to take alot of it apart. That pin can be a pain in the a%&

19. kimber750

I would of thought you would of had it on the truck by now, and out showing it off. :rolleyes:

Talked to my guys and plow should be here Thursday, the I too will have the pleasure of putting one of these together.

20. rmartini27

rmartini27 Senior Member

I know Kimber, my 2 year old's got a 103 fever and I'm trying to keep her away from the other two so I don't have an outbreak at my house. It really has been driving me nuts. A little advise try and get some help installing that CENTER PIN, installing that alone is no picnic. If daddy gets some alone time next day or so and I should have it done