1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

XtremeV and MVP looks like they share componenets

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kah68, Oct 31, 2008.

1. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

I am looking at the Fisher XtremeV and Western MVP, both seem to use the same lights, plow pump and trip edge, any other items they share?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I'd have to assume your talking purchasing new...

Other than the wings and the mounting system they're basically the same. Pumps, valves, lights, the entire truck side hardware makeup (less mount), controller, etc... it's all the same.

3. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Yes new, I was looking at the MVP first but Western does not offer a mount for 93' W250. Fisher does offer the mount, any opinions as to which is better?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

As far as performance and reliability/durability they're the same since they do share so many components. Your main differences of course would be in the ease of mounting difference between the mounts, and the available option of stainless moldboards on the Xtreme V.

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Well not sure, how you could really compare the difference, but the back bracing is not the same between the two. Which is better I can't say. I can say we have a 8.5 Extreme V, and love it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Which ever give you the better dealer support. There isn't enough differant to matter beyond who will be there when you need it.

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I like that answer and agree, mind you for us our dealer carries both.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If you're going to carry "two" brands, it's a lot easier when the parts interchange.

9. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

Ok well it looks like the Fisher due to the fact they support a 93' W250 mount and Western doesn't. Now I am wondering if it is worth stepping up to SS over PC finish?

10. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Personally I still like the yellow. and remember the mechanical parts and bracing is all still normal steal, only the skin is stainless. saves having to paint I guess.