1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme Vee 1 power cable problem?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SharpBlades, Dec 13, 2013.

1. SharpBlades

SharpBlades Senior Member

I'm having trouble with one of my blades. Intermittently the plow is loosing power. The driver is telling me that he will get out, and hear clicking coming from the plow. He will jiggle the power cable, the clicking will stop and the plow will run fine.

I have already cleaned the male and female connections, and the problem is still persisting.

Any experts have an idea of where I should start to look next?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Assuming all connections are clean and tight,there is a updated motor relay for the multi-plex units such as yours to assist with the voltage drop running thru the heavy gauge battery cables from battery all the way out to the plow,you want part# 42901,it will look identical to the old one but has a intermittent duty cycle and lists at the same price as the 5794K

3. Arc Burn

Stupid thing won't let me edit/add
    Low/poor voltage will make those units do freaky things,i've seen clicking to motors stuck running to not working due to voltage

4. SharpBlades

Thank you arc burn. I'm assuming the updated relay fixed those problems?

5. Arc Burn

I see it on installs and repairs when the trucks have weaker batterys,but yes,voltage issues just the same

6. SharpBlades

10-4 I'm installing the new one right now. Hopefully this will take care of the issue. Thanks for the help :)