1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V X bracing

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BoulderBronco, Nov 10, 2007.

1. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

I am currently in the middle of installing my new Xtreme V. Looks like a pretty stout setup. But I saw something right out of the crate that I was suprised about. The mold board is seperate from the X bracing. Seems to me the X bracing should be supporting the back side of the mold board. Instead there is an 1/8"+ gap everywhere behind it. Does that suprise anyone? I feel like after some serious use the mold board could bend and get gouged out by rocks and other things. All the other plows I have seen have the vertical bracing supporting the back of the mold board. Seemed strange to me. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
  2. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

I wouldn't worry about it. Fisher designed the plow so it doesn't rely on the mold board for torsional strength, like the X blade. The mold board's a pretty stout piece of metal. It may deflect some, but I would be surprised if it actually bent from normal use. The beauty of the system is that you can replace the mold board easily and affordably if needed, plus Fisher is offering a Poly board next year. Did you get stainless, or powder coat? I'm having mine installed Thursday, stainless.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway has been using this system successfully for years. wesport Often suffering great reticule from Fisher user's I might add:cool:

It's a proven method to lower weight with-out sacrificing strength.

The loose fit will let the board flex improving it's ability to shed snow, Nice to see Fisher moving in to the 21 century:jester:

Lots of guys are very happy with these units, I think Fisher might change over to this system for all their blades in an effort to meet the lower weight requirements of today's vehicles