1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V wings...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cubanb343, Dec 20, 2009.

1. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

HI guys, i've searched for hours and hours on here.. and not much info or pics of the wings for the xtreme v. Pretty sure they aren't available in stainless (YET-hopefully someday). I am thinking about buying them but I'd like to see more pics of them. I went to Forest Park hoping to see them in person but they didn't have any either. Any help would be appreciated!

-Brandon

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

yes that's what i'm looking at, but i need to see some real life pics like on the blade, from the front, etc; from the ppl that actually use them. it's almost like fisher doesn't want to promote them a whole lot

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

:realmad:
    That's an interesting point, and there may be some truth to that. The wings are just going to overtax an already weak hinge design. I would still like to get some.

5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

YOU make a good point. Even more weight on the already bad hinge! AHA! THat's exactly the reason they won't promote them. It will draw even more attention to the hinge.. and break even more center pins. The truth comes out- I would still like to add a set too, but I want to see some action photos before spending the payup

6. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Another contractor I am buddies with bought a set for his 8.5 Xv he said they sucked and they ended up bending the rib that is at the end of blade after only 1 storm. He got his money back after arguing with the dealer and Fisher and tried to get them to fix the bent rib but they didn't saying it was from the way he operates. This guy is the gentlest person ever on his equipment and plows. I think they are a bad design that was done to compete with the boss wings. I have a XV and wouldn't purchase them.

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i love the boss wings, fisher needs to step their game up then

8. andylphoto

andylphoto Junior Member

I think I have a picture at home. I don't have them, but the dealer had them installed on the plow that I bought. I took a picture of it sitting in his lot. I'll see if I can dig it up in a couple hours when I get off work.

9. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

that would be spectacular..:nod: much appreciated

10. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

no action shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

Here are mine. Not stainless. You gotta ditch the solid poly edge and put on plyable rubber or will tear stuff up!

HPIM0877.JPG

HPIM0876.JPG

HPIM0872.JPG

12. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

thank you guys for those pictures! these would've definitely helped me this morning. It does look tho like fisher has a long way to go to even come close to the BOSS wings.

13. andylphoto

andylphoto Junior Member

Sorry...got busy in the afternoon and forgot to look for that picture. Looks like you got some nice photos though.

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's not just the wings.......:realmad:

15. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Bringing this back up, still would like to hear other opinions on these wings

16. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

save your money and buy an xls

17. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Really? I wish Fisher would make wings like the boss plows offer. A nice stainless version would be even better.

18. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

with an xls you don't have to leave the cab to make the plow smaller, also the boss wings are at angeled a bit, when the blade it straight the wings are not.

I think the wings are a good idea but I doubt they hold up over time and they are not cheap. I don't think the XLS is superior just a better design. I have an XV and an XLS like them both.

19. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i'm getting a set of wings hopefully by next week. i still have never used an xls or wideout but i have been happy with the XV and am excited to get the wings on. i need to get my truck back first tho

20. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Def gets pics of these. I have not seen many around.

Thanks