1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V stacking stops

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PicThePlowGuy, Aug 7, 2008.

1. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

I swapped out the factory installed "long" stacking stops for the "short" stacking stops on my 8.6" Xtreme V... because I wasn't getting the full 10" measurement when the lift ram was fully extended. Now, instead of hitting the t-frame in the spots where the long stops did, they are hitting the head of the connecting pins that hold the bottom rams in. I noticed that the shorter stacking stops are almost twice as wide as the longer ones... creating the issue. Anyone else run into this before? Can the pins be damaged?

2. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Its fine.. The pins will take it. If you want to go farther, go to a dealer of go on ebay and get the ezv stoppers. They will bolt right in and they are even shorter than xtreme v shorties. They should be round, not pointed.

3. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

Thanks for the info... I'll look into that.

4. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

No problem... good luck.