1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ipkyss, Oct 24, 2015.

1. ipkyss

ipkyss Junior Member
    from hampden

Hope this fits the section. I have been running fisher stainless xblades for 11 years. Just recently picked up my first extreme V 8.5. I believe it is a 2011 but almost never used. The security system works programming from the fishstick. But I can not get the fishstick to program one touch down or soft stop. Looking for some suggestions. One touch down is no big deal but not having the soft stop I don't like. The plow slams extremely hard on every movement. Can't be good for anything.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That has nothing to with button, its the quill adjustment on the plow itself. Google quill adjustment Fisher.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

4. ipkyss

ipkyss Junior Member
    from hampden

I will research the adjustment. I already read the manual. I know how to program it. But when I do the remote does nothing. That would be my issue. No problem setting the security password and turning the security on and off. The one touch down and soft stop does nothing.

5. ipkyss

ipkyss Junior Member
    from hampden

If it makes more since. It's like running a straight blade with the joystick vs the fishstick. The fishstick has the built in soft stop. The xtreme v is my first plow with the fleet flex system.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

It's should be in the manual on how to turn on and off the soft stop and o.t.d. That's what I'm saying.
    If it doesn't work, might be a bum controller, or try to program it again.

7. ipkyss

ipkyss Junior Member
    from hampden

I have tried a few different times. I have been trying to find someone with another fishstick I can try. I was hoping there was something simple I was overlooking.