1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreme v question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by xtremedmax, Dec 3, 2012.

1. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

Hi all, I recently bought a 2011 8.5 ft xtreme v off a 2011 Chevy 2500hd. I mounted it on my 2004 2500hd, with the 11 wiring. Only thing I had to do is splice the low beams. So, anyway, my question is about my fishstick. It flat ou dosn't work. Is there any way to test the plug it plugs into to determine the wiring is good? (When I mount the plow, the lights switch over, except I have no low beams) sorry if its confusing, ant thanks in advance

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have a friend that has another one ? That's usually my next step is to swap out a controller with a friends or at the dealer.

3. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

yea, thats the thing, i know of NO one near me with a xtreme v or xls

4. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

5. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

anybody know if its possibly in the wiring? or if there is any way to tell? :help:

6. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Ok you have the multiplex wiring all setup? Did you tap the fuse box for the controller power source?

Ok where in the northeast are you?

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

This is why you buy a plow that is supported locally...

8. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

Yes multi plex, yes I tapped into the fuse box, I'm in the Middletown area of CT. 2cor517, what does "supported locally" mean?

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A dealer or tech within a reasonable drive time

10. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

Oh, I have one within 40 mins, but before I short chained it to drive there, I was gonna see if there was an at home way of checking. Thanks for the clarification

11. unhcp

Does the controller light up? Does the red light turn on?

12. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

no sir, nothing at all. although i just found the 2 4 amp fuses on the plow module (on the plow motor) were blown. i feel kinda dumb but anyways, i hope thats it. thanks for all the help

13. unhcp

Ok let us know

14. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats what happens when someone tries to plug it in backwards.

15. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

wow, so this annoying. I went and got new fishstik (the guy plugged it in his truck and i saw it work). I came home, hooked up my plow, plugged in the fishstik, and nothing happened. I'm guessing it must be something with my wiring, but the wiring harness is so plug and play that it just seems unlikely. Any ideas ? Thanks again.

16. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

security guard? Is there a light flashing on the controller?

17. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

ok, first off thanks to everyone for their help. we finally got it figgered out. i short chained it and brought it to a guy in old saybrook ct, and he saw what was wrong. the plug-ins right up near the iso module were mixed up, so he switched them, and the plow works great. (he also neatened up my wiring job.) just a really great guy.

18. unhcp

Plow or truck side?

19. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I would think truck side.....it's from his wiring job by the sounds of it. I gatta say, that would be a first lol.

20. xtremedmax

xtremedmax Junior Member

Yea, truckside, came that way