1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreme v problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by iowadmaxss, Feb 25, 2014.

1. iowadmaxss

iowadmaxss Junior Member

last night as i was almost done with my first commercial property my blade gave me fits, i would hit the button to raise and ALL my lights started flashing along with a clicking noise in the pump, it continued even when i released the raise button..any suggestions?
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Grounds are the biggest problems with plows.
  3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

These plows are so involved any more, who knows. I would just check the basics, if ya don't find anything your just going to have to go to the dealer.
  4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like something is shorting out. Pull covers off the pump and inspect. Pay close attention to the two main power cables. This plow has the solenoid under those covers.
  5. iowadmaxss

iowadmaxss Junior Member

i found the problem.. the positive wire was barely held on.the nut was gone from when the dealer installed it. working good now
  6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If this was down on the plow it is DD's fault since these plow sides come wired from factory. If up on truck it is installer's fault. If it has been a few years since install it is your fault for not checking connections. :drinkup:

Every year I go over all connections, remove and grease all the pins, change fluid and filter, and check all the bolts.
  7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I had a set screw on the valve body come loose on me, leaked like a sieve. 20 seconds with a hex head.