1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme v one touch float?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tomonster92, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Tomonster92

Tomonster92 Junior Member
    from Buffalo

I use the joystick and its really starting to piss me off when i hit fown and it doesnt automatically float leaving snow when i plow I used to have a straight blade and when you hit down it was automatically in float but the V doesnt do that i looked into it and they say you can program it with fleet flex but my blade is an older model 03 or 04 and it doesnt have the security feature and i cant program it like they say wondering if anyone found a solution to this or wired anything up.

Thanks,

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I guess its no big deal for me to hold the button in for the second it takes for the plow to go down. Ive never run an older Fisher, your saying you just tap the down button and it goes down without stopping?

3. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

Yes it automatically goes into float mode it's not the big a deal but after running one like that for years it's just natural to tap and go I pretty much can't remember to hold it down. Newer ones you can toggle this feature in and off so there must be some way for me to do it

4. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

My old ezv was the same as my xtreme v. I think it is something you will get used to pretty quick. Just hold the button for 3 seconds. I find it nice when you are trying to get the blade to ride a little higher then someone's lawn.

5. Fordcatrand

Fordcatrand Junior Member

I agree with young. You will get used to it just hold it down

6. Tomonster92

from Buffalo

It's been three years I just can't get it lol must just be me

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thats alright, I demoed a newer A300 Bobcat Skid steer the other day with just hand controls.....yeah it was embarrassing, lol. (use to hand/foot controls)

8. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

LOL!!! I know the feeling! When I switched from Bobcat to Cat awhile back I had the same problem.