1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V on 02' F-350?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by tysonmatc2, Feb 4, 2011.

1. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

Would a 8'-6" Extreme Stainless Steel V on an 02' F-350 be efficient? Does anyone have this setup and how do they like it? I am worried that it will not be wide enough and full scoop or V, my truck is 80" wide.

2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I have a mild steel [I would get stainless if I could do it again] one on my 99' F-250 Super Duty and it works great.I haven't had any trouble with the width on mine.If your worried about it you can get wing extensions or just get a 9 1/2' instead.The E-match chart didn't list the 8 1/2' XtremeV for my 7.3L diesel truck but I got it anyways.

3. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

Did you put any additional suspension support in the front or just the leveling kit, I have the leveling kit right now. They want $4,415 for the 2010 stainless shipped to my door. Does that sound like a good deal?

4. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

plow 1.jpg Just the leveling kit,I run about 500lbs of ballast.Thats a good deal! I paid $4700 [$4200 for plow only]for my 2009 mild steel plow last year.That price included a back drag edge,snow deflector,shipping to my house.I wish I would of got the stainless steel.My wife was already pissed I was buying the plow,thats why cheaped out[saved $500] and got the mild steel.Looking back now she would of got over it.I bought mine through Qte in Illinois.I was very happy with them.

plow 1.jpg

5. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

Awesome, thanks a ton for the pick, that helps alot. That looks like a nice setup for sure. That is where I got mine at too, I dealt with Dan and he seems like a real straight shooter. Said it would have a 2 year warranty. Have you had anything you had to get warrantied on yours and how long did it take you to install it? I have installed a few straight blades on older trucks before but that's been about it. Have you used it to get through many drifts?

6. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I dealt with Dan also.So far the only problem I've had is a couple of fittings/o-rings on the angle cylinders.It took me about 4-5hrs to assemble and wire it.I already had the push plates on my truck from my old 7 1/2' Fisher MM1.Pretty straight forward,just read the directions carefully and you shouldn't have any troubles.I would have someone help you assemble it makes it a lot easier.I've plowed through drifts over 3' deep with it in Vee.To bust through I hold it up a little on first pass.I got the Fish Stick controller,It took a little to get used too,my old plow had a joy-stick contoller.I like the Fish stick better now.

7. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

Where they leaking? I have a buddy that offered to help for free, but he is a real go getter and great at this stuff so I figured I would pitch him $100 for helping. Is the Fish Stick the one that comes with it, has all the buttons? I figured that would be easier beings my truck is a manual I could hold it in the same hand I will shift with.

8. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I over tightened the jam nuts and bent the collar thats over the o-ring.The fish stick is the controller that has the buttons and it comes with the plow.I asked Dan when I bought mine which is better,he said the Fish Stick is easier too use on the V plows.I have my controller mounted on the fisher flexable arm mount I had for my old plow.It holds it right by the armrest when plowing and by the dash out of the way when not needed.My truck is an automatic,for a stick I'd probably just hold it too.

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Too small....

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the 8.5 SS EXV from 4qte.com also out of Illinois. I got a great price on it as well. The 8.5 will be plenty for that truck, but if you only do commercial lots I would get the 9.5 since it is bigger. I do some residentials and even in V the 9.5 would be to big for a lot of my drives widths. So I guess it all depends on what type of plowing you do. Good Luck and post some pics once you get it installed. 4qte. com is having some great deals right now and cheap shipping. Install it yourself which is easy and you will end up saving over $1500 or more on price and not having to pay tax on it.

11. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I thought about the 9 1/2',but the Ematch didn't even list the 8 1/2' for my diesel truck.So I went for the little bit lighter plow.For the plowing I do it works great.If I ever need it bigger, I will get some wings for it.With the tax savings and putting it together myself it was a good $1500 in savings.The best part it was delivered right to my garage,I didn't have to go anywhere,except I had too get oil for it.They didn't ship oil with it,I never called to see if it was supposed too be included.

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

They Shipped oil with mine and through in deflector for both plows and a cutting edge for the xls since it does not come with one.

13. tysonmatc2

tysonmatc2 Member

I tried getting Dan to throw in a $25 strobe light and he said he couldn't even do that because they were already selling the plow at almost cost. I will have to call him Monday and order some oil to go with it. They wanted $185 for a deflector which I can make myself out of some bailer conveyor belt.