1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreme v motor problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by combiking, Jan 18, 2012.

1. combiking

combiking Junior Member

I have an xtreme v its about 4years old now. Im having problems with it. It seems to be draining the batteries as the check gauge light comes on on the truck. I have new batteries and just had the alternator checked so thats side is good. I have the cover off the plow where all the electrics are. It seems that the motor might not stop running some times and i think this could be my problem. I see in an other post for an ezv it says to replace the motor relay, i guess this would be the same for this model. Or any other ideas?

2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ya do the

Do the motor relay first thing chep and fast fix if thats it :mechanic:
    If not they are always good to have 2

3. combiking

combiking Junior Member

I have ordered a motor relay will be here later today. So ill let you know how it goes

4. samjr

samjr Senior Member

I C your in NS

Where ya @ in NS ?

5. combiking

combiking Junior Member

Im down in Mahone Bay. How are you finding things this year? Are you most residential or commercial?

6. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  7. combiking

combiking Junior Member

Thats some nice gear. Im hoping one day i can get a loader or skid. I see you do Princess Auto, just randomly pick that one out the list and there it was.

8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

Ya that 1

That's 1 of are good fast lots we do round and round we go lol

9. combiking

combiking Junior Member

Well i installed the new relay and it seems to have done the job. Hopefully this was all it was.

10. cookie

cookie Member

lol - we should call this the Bluenose thread - im in Truro AND i'm having issues with 2 extreme v's :((