1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme v Motor keeps running

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by performanceplus, Jan 26, 2014.

1. performanceplus

performanceplus Senior Member

This morning I went out side and I unhooked the sander power from my battery. When i put the battery connection back on the plow motor keeps running. It worked fine before I did this. I am confused. Any help would be great?

Thanks

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like a stuck solenoid? or suck valve?

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

It sounds like what I had a few weeks back -- a stuck solenoid in the pump housing. It's an $18 replacement in about 20 minutes. Good luck!

4. performanceplus

just changed solenoid on the plow side. Still doing same thing

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Double check your battery connections. If you hooked up the cables backwards the plow will run non stop. Same thing will happen if you hookup the main power connector at bumper up backwards. And yes it can be plugged in backwards.

6. performanceplus

I took the sander power off the battery. I even just swapped the power cable to the plow harness to the other battery in the truck. Same thing. I will double check all connections.

7. kimber750

Just remember the xv is a negative shift system. Meaning the negative side of solenoid and valves is the switched side. It has constant positive power to solenoid and valves.

Try unplugging control and see if it still does it.

8. performanceplus

it does it with the truck not even running. I took the plow off to see what was going on and it does it as soon as I go to plug it in. It also tries to lift the plow. Think its a stuck valve?

9. kimber750

This is the same thing boss's XLS did when he plugged power harness together backwards. Also ended blowing 4 amp fuse on plow for solenoid.

10. performanceplus

Had to change both of those fuses. Any other ideas? Doesn't make any sense.

11. kimber750

If you are 110% sure all wiring is correct. Unhooking control made no difference. You are down to a bad solenoid or plow module.

12. performanceplus

This sucks. I have the controller unplugged also. Yeah, all I did was unhook the power for the sander. I already replaced the module in the plow at the beginning of the year. I changed out the solenoid this morning too.

13. performanceplus

I unplugged the power to the module. The little red wire that comes from the solenoid to the plug for power for the module has power all the time. That means its probably the solenoid, right?

14. performanceplus

kimber, i sent you a pm

15. kimber750

That wire should have power all the time. The small black wire is what sends signal to solenoid from the module.

16. performanceplus

Ok so do you think the module is shot then? I am done with it for today. Calling dealer in morn.

17. kimber750

Have no idea. If you unhook the black wire from solenoid and it keeps running it is solenoid. If it does not run then something in the plow module is telling the solenoid to turn on. Did you use a factory solenoid?

18. performanceplus

Yes I used a fisher solenoid. Just can't think of anything else it could be. Thanks

19. performanceplus

I took off the small wires and it did not run. It sounded like it was just clicking when I went and plugged it in.