1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V Mold board issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by RSI Const., Jan 19, 2013.

1. RSI Const.

RSI Const. Junior Member

I'm looking to see if anyone has this problem with thier xtreme v mold board. I just bought a brand new 9.5 xtreme v in November and have plowed with it for 2 storms. I decided to install a sp:mad:lash guard on it today to prevent snow from comming up onto my hood/windshield. I started on the driverside like the directions said with the installation. That took me about 10 minutes at the most. Now I move to the passenger side of the plow and when I am removing the screws of the mold board, it is difficult like the bolt is binding against the steel. When I go to install the splash guard, I have to put a clamp on the mold board to the blade to make the holes line up. Total pain in the neck. It took me almost an hour and a half to do the passenger side. I not impressed with the lack of attention to detail by Fisher. I have a 9' straight x blade that I have owned for 3 seasons and at the end of each year, i remove the mold board and clean the back side of the mold board and touch-up paint the x bracing on the blade. I am planing on doing this process to my new xtreme v, but not when I will have to clamp the mold board just to get it back attatched to the blade. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not too happy about it.:mad: