1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme v lights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Vinnie, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I,ve had problems with the plow lights on my extreme V from the day I got it but now its worse then ever. They would switch back to the truck lights if I tried to go from low beam to High beam . During the last storm we had my lights kept cycling back and forth on there own from the truck to plow lights . If I used High beam only they would stay on the plow lights longer but oncoming traffic didnt appreciate it ! The plow is on a 2002 F-250 and If I just pull back on the high/low beam lever (normally used to remind others there high beams are blinding me ) the headlights will cycleback and forth from truck to plow like police lights .
    Any ideas what the heck is going on ?!?!

2002 F250SD with a 7.3 diesel. The information on the module says " Insulation module 3 port " It also has PN 29070 & BD06205 on it.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Loose connection I would say. I assume you have new wiring both plow & truckside?

Check the 11 pin harness connectors at the grill. Make sure there connected well, and check for debris, and any bent or plugged pins & ports.

Now go to your ISO, check to make sure everything is plugged in nice & snug there as well. Also check to make sure none of the harness are kinked or improperly routed. I saw one not that long ago do something similar which turned out to be a broken wire within the harness right were it had been kinked.

Check where the light harness (es) plugs into your trucks lights.

Then there is a possible power / ground issue to consider if none of that worked. Make sure all the battery connections are tight along with the connection between the control harness & the light harness.

Then there is also the possibility of a malfunctioning ISO module. But I would be willing to bet it's a bad connection somewhere.

rrrr.jpg

rrrr.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  3. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I plan to pull the truck in the shop tomorrow and start chasing wires . The plug in the grill has a little corrosion ( green deposits ) and I,m not sure how to clean it up .

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

I use a can of brake cleaner with the tube connected. Get in there and really blast the hell out of it. inspect for broken, bent and clogged ports, then re grease it with dielectric grease.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You might have better luck getting the corrosion out with something acidic. Vinegar, Bar Keepers Friend, Diet Coke, or my favorite - muriatic acid. Some have said Fluid Film will lift the corrosion too. What ever you use, rinse well when you're done. Some Fluid Film would be good idea. It will let any remaining moisture get out, while protecting the connectors.

Can you borrow an Iso module from someone?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  6. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I,ve got plenty of fluid film :)

7. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

By the way, do not dip your grill connectors into a glass of coke while the ignition switch is on- pin 7 has power when the plow is disconnected. Also, though it does not identify your root cause...switching to a 29070-1 would get rid of the "wig wagging" lights.

8. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

Well I,ve cleaned all of the connections and check ALL of them for breaks and shorts. The problem is still there and I was wondering what "switching to a 29070-1 would get rid of the "wig wagging" lights" would entail. Is it just a newer version of my current controller ?

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

hmmm, I wonder if everything is snug on the motor relay under the pump cover. Did you also check the wiring inside the lights on the plow to make sure all is ok there as well?

Did you install this? Was the configuration changed at the headlamp connector by chance? Maybe it didn't get snapped back together properly.

Other then that the only thing that comes to mind is bad ground, bad ISO, or maybe a bad headlamp connector....

12121.jpg

12121.jpg

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

I checked all of the connection and made sure the grounds were all good . The only thing I noticed was if I have all of my accessories on it will cause the lights to wig wag . The alternator is a high output and the batteries are new . I had my window down and when I pushed the button to raise it , I push down again by accident , That's when I noticed the lights freaking out . Is the control module that sensitive to voltage drops or is this thing defective ?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  11. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Wig wagging between the truck and plow?

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Senior Member

PHP:
    Wig wagging between the truck and plow
    It will either wig wag between the truck and plow lights or it will take a long time (1-2 minutes) to change to the plow lights . Even if it does go to the plow lights it will switch back to the truck if i try to use the high beam

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

It's possible you have a bad Iso module. It would be easy to rule out, do you have a friend with the same module? Or maybe your dealer will let you use one for a day? I don't think it's your problem, but worth trying.