Snow Plowing Forum banner

xtreme v lifting problem

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  FisherVMan 
#1 ·
I have a 9.5 xtreme v, with the 3 plug module, and fish-stick controller, and recently started having some problems with the plow. Sometimes after making a push I hit the up button and nothing happens. After a second or 2 ( maybe the tap against the steering wheel ) I hit the button again and it works fine. It seems to only occur after I have been plowing for a while. The plow works normal other than that, moves fine, speed is good too. I have not noticed it doing it with controls of the wings.
Some of what I have done so far,
Checked the connections and both ends of fishstick, and did continuity tests on the wire, no problem.
Cleaned the connection points, and cleaned the control board contacts with an eraser ( lightly)
Cleaned and checked plow/vehicle connections
Finally have a new 11 pin harness, had one dim headlight a couple days ago and tried a new harness, which solved problem with the light, unfortunately still have the occasional "up" problem after changing the harness.

The fishstick seems pretty warm to touch when the problems start, seems like when its still cold I don't seem to have a problem. Never really payed attention to how warm it was before, might be normal.
Will do it both when there is a load on lifting ram, and when the blade is up on a banking already.
When it doesn't work for that second, I don't hear anything from the pump like it is trying to lift.
Thought I would check here, before spending money on a new control board.

thanks in advance for any ideas

See less See more
#4 ·
I am actually surprised that someone hasnt jumped in here and told you to "grease the hinge pin" and that will fix anything on a XV plow?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.