1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V level issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PicThePlowGuy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. PicThePlowGuy

PicThePlowGuy Junior Member

Ok... so what I thought wasn't an issue, might be an issue afterall. With the plow on the truck, and lowered to the ground, I'm getting about a 1/4"-1/2" gap between the pavement and the cutting edge, at the center of plow. Anyone else have this issue? The plow is new and hasn't been plowed yet, so the edges of the cutting edge aren't worn at all... I suspect onec they are, it would remedy my situation... but, this doesn't seem right. Is there an adjustment on the t-frame or push assembly I need to make. Right now I'm using the center hole on the push assembly. Would using the lower hole make a difference I wonder? Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a center shoe on the plow? If so you may just have to raise it up a little.

3. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ballast in the bed should level out the plow's A-frame, so I don't imagine a change in the hole positioning will be needed. However, raising to the bottom hole would achieve the same result (but the ballast is probably gonna be your best asset overall).

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The hole on the T-Frame that you talked about is infact the leveling adjustment. First lower the plow and actually put a level across the T-Frame section, that will give you a good idea of how close to level you are. Making the adjustment to the hole location may help depending how off you are from level. Also if that doesn't get you just right, the ballast as mentioned may help

5. PicThePlowGuy

Thanks guys. My spreader will be going in this week... so thats close to 900lbs. I'll see if that helps out. If it doesn't I'll try shooting for the bottom hole on the push assembly. Doakster... any issue like this with yours?

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Oh wait, now I remember you, you have the white Superduty right? I thought you had put this one together yourself, I could be wrong.

My plow sites perfectly level right now, no gap in straight, scoop or vee, maybe 1/8 inch is any gap at all. That is in the middle hole. You should have a procedure for setting up the plow level in your install instructions as well, worth a look.

7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

mine does it in scoop with no ballast in the bed and brand new plow and cuttin edge

8. PicThePlowGuy

Yeah I did put this one together myself. Everything is great except for that gap... maybe its no big deal. This is my first V... just use to the straight blades sitting perfectly level I guess. I still have to slide my spreader in to see if its a ballast issue or not.

9. PicThePlowGuy

Okay... slid the sander in yesterday and adjusted the t-frame so that its using the bottom hole. Problem is solved now. The cutting edge is level throughout the length of the plow.