1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V Fishstick Issue

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NoSnowPleez, Feb 11, 2010.

1. NoSnowPleez

NoSnowPleez Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem I did tonight. My fishstick started working a little erratically and I would have to hit the buttons a few times for it to work. It always went where it was supposed to not like I was hitting left and it was going right, but after a half an hour of that it stopped working altogether and the on/off indicator light was flashing. Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that. Any help much appreciated!

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Check for loose wire(s). I had issues w/ mine back in January. Found it to be a loose red wire in the 4 pin controller plug.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

if it is flashing, LON is right, it's most likely a loose connections somewhere. The connector at the grill is a good culprit for this. However it can be anywhere along the line. Check the obvious first: Control plug in, connection at the grill, the connection into the plow pump assembly, or even more likely where you were beating it like a red headed step child; the connection at the PCB board itself. Not that it really needs to be said, but "banging" a $350 part isn't such a great idea.

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Funny thing, when my PC Board starting acting up a good couple wacks to my steering wheel fixed it for a little while...

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

Hey now, your not helping my point lol. Your's was probably a loose connection as well, that is until you treated it like a red headed step child as well. :laughing:

I can't say I haven't given mine a little love tap now and again, but man doesn't it bite you in the ass when you have to buy or swap to another one. I think their way over priced as it is, but they have you by the balls and they know it. :nod:

Bob, I usually keep one or two straight fish sticks on hand if you ever need to borrow one. If I have more then one I'll even sell you one cheap.

6. plowguy43

Thanks I'll keep you in mind. I ended up buy a PC Board off of GrnMtn for $100. Solved all of my issues.

If my truck goes down can I borrow yours! Lol

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

yeah......not so much. I'll come bail you out though. lol

8. plowguy43

I don't need bailing, they can't catch me!

If you need help up at your camp I'll lend a hand drinking some beers!

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Good deal. I have a deck to re plank this spring. You can hold a beer and a nail gun lol. Just don't confuse the too ok!

10. plowguy43

Hahahaha I wouldn't put it past me!

11. NoSnowPleez

NoSnowPleez Junior Member

Thanks for the input! I purchased a new fishstick today and it fixed the issue. Anyone know if you can buy just the circuit board so I can fix my old one and have a spare?

12. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes, you can buy the PC board, touch pad and controller as seperate pieces. Talk to your dealer. You can save about $100 buy not buying the plastic controller............

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

:nod:

part number 96438 or you can use the XLS one for the same amount which is 49471. Just gains you versatility later on if you go that way.

RacingZR: Item received, it will be enroute to you as soon as USPS opens up again (Tue.?). Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  14. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

10-4 Ryan, thanks!