1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreme v dumping

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fishkill929, Dec 6, 2007.

1. fishkill929

fishkill929 Junior Member

when i back drag the passenger side of the plow dumps forward. I can actually push it by hand forward but not backward. Stuck valve? Blown seal? It is a 2006 xtreme v

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

sounds like something causing one of your piston locks to not work. i dont know enough about it to help though. sorry

3. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

My brand new XV did that a couple of times this storm. I will ask my dealer if he knows anything.

4. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

It's doing it almost all the time now. The dealer said something about a crossover valve. If it ever stops snowing, I will drop it off for him to look at it.

5. fishkill929

Mine does do it every time. Like I said I can move it by hand with very little resistance. My dealer is an hour away so I would like to figure it out myself

6. fishkill929

anyone else seen this?

7. fishkill929

anyone please?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's likely one of the two right cylinder end wing relief valves are stuck open (due to debris usually) or damaged. Need to pull them out for a visual.