1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V drops slow

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by f350bob, Feb 15, 2012.

1. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

Hi all so my new 2012 SS V works well but I hate the slow drop feature, can i speed it up any way? The lift was bypassing with little weight so I've dialed that check valve in. thanks bob

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Quill is located behind the back cover, use that to adjust the drop speed. I will see if I can find a pic of it.

3. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Theres pictures in the owners manuel showing what one is the quell screw.Follow instructions and slowly back off the screw untill good.

4. kimber750

Will not let me load the pic.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  5. kimber750

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Mine did the same thing, it took about 8 seconds to fully drop to float. I took it back to the dealer

7. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

thanks guys, but now I'm confused. The shop told me that screw was a bypass pressure screw and I should tighten (inward) to help with my plow which won't lift alot of snow in scoop mode. I need to scoop and pile snow high at the end of my parking lot. My old V (2003) lifted huge amounts no problem, this new SS seems very weak. After I turned it inward I think it helped that but I still have slow drop speed. Maybe I can't have both??????
    It would help if we got snow so I could play with this......... bob

8. kimber750

The pump relief should also be back there. I think that is what you are talking about as bypass pressure screw. They are two completely different things.

EDIT

Randomly turning in the pressure relief can cause some serious damage to your pump without doing a pressure test.

9. kimber750

Here is better picture showing the back of the valve block. You can see the location of the quill, pump relief, and test port.

27365.00_010107.pdf (application-pdf Object)_1329406533577.jpg

10. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

this last pic is the one I need. Yes I adjusted the pumo relief valve and not the quill screw. thanks KIMPER 750. let it snow....

11. kimber750

Like I said before, you should test your pressure just to be sure you have not turned the pressure up too far.

12. f350bob

f350bob Junior Member

Thanks again, got to find a gauge and check it. I did screw it inward till tight then backed out 2 1/2 then went in 1/4 to boost it up. bob