1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme V Cutting Edge Prices.....

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I'm in Columbus Ohio and my closest Fisher dealer is in Dayton Ohio.....
    Their price on new 4 piece XtremeV 1/2" cutting edges for 8.5' is $413.00
    I bought this plow in the fall of 08' and have never replaced them before, and wanted a little feedback before laying money down.

CPW's price is $364.41
    It also says they're aftermarket...... Any experience with aftermarket edges?

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

WOW
    I have a 9.5 western MVP When bought mine in 09 and my edge only lasted me 1 winter it was a 1/2x6
    I couldnt see paying 425+tax and drive 120 miles round trip
    So made one out of 5/8x8'' I even made the centers but centers took to long to make so now put rubber in the middle I put one on for $110 mine isnt harden but at 8'' it last just same as a 6'' harden edge What I do to make last even longer I add 10'' on the ends for wear bars

But you must not push much snow if its a 08 and now looking replace it So in your case I would just buy factory or the after market

3. collins590

collins590 Junior Member

Check out a company called esco blades, they make an aftermarket cutting edge for the XV and its only $250 for all 4 pieces. Just find a dealer in your area and they should be able to get them for you. These edges are as good or better than the fisher brand edges.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Thanks for some insight fellas!

Morrissey reminds me of me. Ford trucks, Fisher Plows, & Cat equipment. Thumbs Up

6. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict