1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

xtreme v - ' buzzing ' sound from pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Belleaire Care, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

Hi guys,
    Any one with a Fisher Xtreme V heard a buzzing vibration sound within the pump housing, it happened today when I stopped the truck and the blade was in the up position. Vibrating sound for 30 seconds then stopped... just never heard it before, any body know ? Many thanks, Mike.

2. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Haven't heard anything like that yet, granted today was the first day using my new XtremeV. No complaints so far.

3. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

pump sound

Thanks Mid Ohio,
    Will look at it in the mornin... and let you know when I figure it out. It is a great plow and has not let me down, just never heard that sound before...

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's likely the motor solenoid partially stuck is what your hearing. Have seen it a couple times so far. Replace it. :nod:

5. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

motor solenoid on Xtreme V

Hi B & B,
    Many thanks for the info. Will check and replace solenoid.

6. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

Fisher Xtreme V - making buzzing sound

Hi guys, just a follow up on my Fisher Xtreme V SS - it was making a buzzing noise coming from the pump area.
    B&B was exactly right - it was the motor solenoid and it was sticking. Replaced it yesterday - cost $23 solenoid kit # 56131 K.