1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Xtreme-V Blade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rob1325, Aug 22, 2006.

1. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Just brought home my new 9.5 Xtreme-V Blade home. Very nice plow. Very heavy duty construction, fast hydraulics, nice attack angle and just looks awesome. The only thing I don't like about it is the raise height. Doen't raise that high off ground with those stoppers, unlike like my other Fisher plows, especially my other X-Blades which go very high.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2006
  2. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Rob, My dealer replaced the stops on mine. When he first put the plow on the truck it would only get 2" off the ground in V position. He then replaced the inverted v shaped stops with half round stops and the plow raised a good 6" higher. I should have asked why it came from the factory like that.

3. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will do that too or ask dealer about it. I think it will bearly get over curbs.

4. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Just went on there website and saw that they offer long and short stops. I will ask dealer to put on the short ones if he can.

5. LON

LON Senior Member

It will depend on the vehicle. GM's can use the short stops. You have to watch that the moldboard can't come up when stacking and smack the lift unit :nono: . Learned this at F.A.S.T. school last week.

6. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I have a F550. Still the plow does not go very high. I am afraid that when stacking the truck will get stuck and put more pressure on frame with the long stops. I have not got a chance to ask dealer if they can put short one on. I don't think the plow will hit lift frame, there is plenty of room left. I thought all head gears were the same and pivot the same. So if they put short on chevy why not on others?

7. LON

LON Senior Member

All headgear kits are the same and they all come with the long stops. Which stop is used is up in the air until snowplow is installed and proper ballast is added in the rear. If it can lift higher without hitting the lift unit then the short stops could be used. Ask the dealer if they can check this for you.
    Lon

8. Adair350

Adair350 Member

Just picked up 8'6" SS XtreamV blade and all components necessary to install on MM1 headgear for EZ-V. Haven't put it together yet but I will post some pics and give an update on assembly. So far everything measures out to fit. WOW! was it a lot more than I thought it would be $3,500 @ a discount from my dealer who said the total would have been about $3,900 at regular price.The same dealer who quoted me $2,000 on a new EZ-V blade assy less rams last year. It seems I am the first one to want to put the XV on a MM1/ EZ-V setup so they don't have a kit set up for it yet. That meant I had to buy pins,hyd fittings,plowgides,and bolts @ individual prices as well as the "T" Frame,pushplate and angle Rams that where ordered as parts.
    Well any info any body can offer would be appreciated or if any body else has tried it please let me know how much you paid and how it went.

THX:waving: Rob

9. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

I have a 8ft SS Xblade one year old I want to sell it and get the new SS XV Blade for my 06 chevy diesel, any takers?

Also what is the cheapest anyone has seen a SS XV blade for and what do you guys think I could get for my SS X blade which was barley used, I honestly think I used it 6 X's last year. I live in the Boston area and we got sqaut for snow last year.

10. vwmurph

vwmurph Member
    from Maine

How much are you asking for the X-Blade???

11. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

$3,500 and I'll throw in the fisher Bull bar that I bought for the off season for it as well.

12. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

What type of bull bar? Im looking for a SS one.
    James

13. IBEW103

IBEW103 Junior Member

Its the fisher bull bar Black), I think I saw you had one for sale, this is the same bar

14. hoagie

hoagie Member

If your still looking for one... I have a 2yr old 8' ss X for sale great shape, just the blade w/ cutting edge, pump rams and headgear (no push plates or wiring) for $2000.

Let me know if your interested... I'd be willing to meet you half way (I'm just outside of Boston).